A simple seasonal salad of sweet peaches, soft and milky Buffalo Mozzarella, prosciutto, pecans and bitter leaves, tossed in caramelised balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Perfect for a effortless but impressive lunch, or a delicious side salad for summer BBQs.
Substitute the prosciutto for pan-fried asparagus for a vegetarian alternative.
Summer Peach, Prosciutto & Buffalo Mozzarella Salad
Roughly chop the pecans and set 80% aside. Continue to chop the remaining 20% to create a fine crumb.
Place two generous handfuls of bitter leaves (rocket, radicchio, witlof, watercress etc) on a serving plate. Drizzle with olive oil and toss lightly to coat.
Cut the peaches in half to remove the stone, then slice into even wedges. Add to the plate with the bitter leaves, then scatter the roughly chopped pecans and toss to combine.
Tear the buffalo mozzarella in to small pieces and arrange atop the bitter leaves. Gently seperate the prosciutto and add to the serving plate.
Scatter with the finer pecan crumble for texture and drizzle with a generous amount of caramelised balsamic vinegar for sweetness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Swap the prosciutto for pan-fried asparagus for a vegetarian alternative. Add a little extra salt when cooking to compensate.
Ripe summer figs also work beautifully in place of the peaches. Substitute with ripe fruit in any given season.
If you can't find Buffalo Mozzarella, try this recipe with fine shavings of a-grade Parmigianno Reggiano.